Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Billicks biggest mistake is Coffee Grinds too

#1 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Biggest error we made when evaluating Kyle Boller out of Cal was justifying low comp % by criticizing the talent he had around him.
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#2 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Not a fair comparison although I understand the point. Boller was a first round pick in which Baltimore traded up to get. It cost them their first and second. Although it seems like Hackenburg was over-drafted Mac took a home run swing in the second round for a guy that clearly has an elite skill set. GM's need to take risks, especially at the QB position. Being critical of Mac for trying to find a QB is misguided. He thinks Hack was worth the risk. Many don't. Hack will be judged when (or if) he actually plays in a pro game.

#3 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

Christian Hackenburg stats as a true Freshmen. After O'Brien left it was more than a lack of talent. They lost their elite talent, scholarships for new talent and most of the coaching staff. Botom line as an 18 yer old in a very competitive conference he was elite.

Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate

Big Ten FR QB 12 231 392 58.9 2955 7.5 7.4 20 10 134.0

Dak Prescot as redshirt Freshman
SEC FR QB 11 156 267 58.4 1940 7.3 6.8 10 7 126.6

His accuracy got better but he did not face the same chaos as Hackenburg. I mention this guy because he is everyone's darling at the moment. But his pro accuracy is much better than what he ws in college.

I am not arguing that Hackenburg will be any good. Just that to continue to rip him without him playing even a single NFL game is not fair. From all indications he is football smart, works very hard and he has an elite skill set and prototypical size. He also had a GREAT freshmen year as true freshmen before the chaos at Penn State. AND I think it showed a lot about his character to stay there and not transfer during their probation period. Is that worth a second after his regression as a sophomore and Junior? Up for debate but he will be if he turns into a starter which NOBODY knows if he will or will not.

#4 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

The worst player ever drafted by the Jets, period.
was so inaccurate that he came out of his mother's ass

#5 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

LMFAO that was a good one. :lol:

Time will tell.

#6 User is offline   Jets79 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

Lots to worry about here

I could be wrong, but I don't think QBs accuracy typically gets better in the NFL when the defenses get better...and even as a freshman it was still below 60% so not that great

I do think it's telling that he couldn't smell the field even in such a disaster of a season...their plan of carrying 4 QBs made no sense because it meant that as the #4 he didn't even get any reps in practice, so I get meetings and stuff, but I just don't see how it really helped to develop him

We will never know obviously but he was not expected to be drafted that high....there's a good chance we could have gotten him with a third

Second round picks should be contributors not projects

I hope the kid succeeds and Mac is proven right, I really do, but I'm not optimistic on that possibility yet

#7 User is offline   Chad Favre 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

There is not way based on his record that anyone could justify drafting him in the second round. You can't draft a player in the second round based on "potential" and wait two to three years to find out if he can play. You can justify Brady in the 6th round and Prescott in the third or fourth round but not Hack in the second round.
PLAYOFFS IN 30 YEARS

#8 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

There were teams that had an un-draftable grade on him, though the majority
who revealed where he ranked had him 4th or fifth. Logan Thomas an other over
drafted bum went in the fourth. Thomas had a stronger arm and was a better athlete.
The Bills are trying him at TE. Has Trump like baby hands and the pig flies out like
a knuckle ball

#9 User is offline   prime5 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Drafting is as much an art as it is a science.No team had Prescott as elite.Hello!!Hertz watches Penn State and so do I.I knew the QB from Delaware was elite long before he was drafted as a one.The Jets QB coach and Chan thought he was worth the risk and so do I.Hertz is big fan of 40 times and cone speed.Thats NOT nearly enough.We have a MLB who runs a 4.5 40 but was terrible in both run and pass coverage.Will he get better?I hope so!!

#10 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

worry about? why worry? its the Jets, if you care... you're mentally ill

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#11 User is offline   dcat 

• Jetstraordinary

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

View Posthmhertz, on 08 January 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

The worst player ever drafted by the Jets, period.
was so inaccurate that he came out of his mother's ass

Post of the year. Well done. :roll

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users