• Group: Site Donor

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:05 AM

http://forums.jetnat...r-playoff-loss/
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#2 User is online   dcat 

• Jetstraordinary

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

great thread. A must read. Giants are just as low class as any other NFL team. The myth that it is a "classy" organization is just that. But it will take another two or three generations to finally realize that.

#3 User is offline   bungaman 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

Having a "classy" organization in pro sports these days is a real challenge. Football players, coming into the NFL out of the NCAA Profit Factory, are what they are: a product of a meat packaging system and a culture alien to most people. Very few millionaires at 22 years of age are going to have redeeming social mores or redeeming characteristics. It takes time to grow up. If I had that money at that age, I would have been dead by age 30. I am under no illusions that they are going to somehow miraculously mature and focused. There's no payoff to produce good citizens in the current moneymaking mill, just replaceable athletic components.

#4 User is offline   Glenn 

• New Jet Gear
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Ot appears the Giants O needs a major overhaul starting with the WR's that dropped passes all over the field.
Maybe a team plane as well

#5 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

This is bigger than Giants or the NFL. There have been plenty of stories about disruptive passenger(s) forcing planes to turn around or to land at non- scheduled airport.

#6 User is offline   mudcat21 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostGlenn, on 10 January 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Ot appears the Giants O needs a major overhaul starting with the WR's that dropped passes all over the field.
Maybe a team plane as well

I'd take Giants WRs over the Jets any day.
Breaking news: ISIL to change it's name to "I Can't Believe We're Not Islamic!"-Now with 20% less bombings and beheadings!

#7 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Reese and Josh Brown, Coughlin never removing his sissy receiver from the Carolina game
and Wellington the buried turd's general classlessness
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#8 User is offline   Glenn 

• New Jet Gear

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

mudcat21, on 10 January 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'd take Giants WRs over the Jets any day.

I wouldn't. For all of Beckhams talent he is a huge headcase. It seems his biggest moments are on the sideline kicking a practice net into his own head.

#9 User is offline   Jets79 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostGlenn, on 11 January 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I wouldn't. For all of Beckhams talent he is a huge headcase. It seems his biggest moments are on the sideline kicking a practice net into his own head.

seriously?

the guys is a game changer and can score from anywhere on the field. Yes, he's a headcase and they need to ramp that in...but we don't have ANYONE on this team who can do what he does. I keep hearing how fast Robby Anderson is, but for all that speed, he doesn't make nearly as many plays as OBJ...now a huge part of that is the QB, clearly, as I think Manning is a VERY good downfield passer...usually on target. But Anderson doesn't get the separation that OBJ gets because he doesn't have that quickness. Granted, OBJ is a first round pick whereas Anderson was undrafted, so I get it.

but I would LOVE to have OBJ on my team...the defense HAS to account for him every play. And that Shepard kid, for a 2nd round pick, has looked awesome. Worlds better than the shit we draft in the 2nd round...Hill, Smith...whatever...no contributions at all.

I do like our young guys' potential, and hope that Enunwa, Peake, and Anderson can grow into very good players, but right now, none of them is a #1...Enunwa's production went down when Decker went down and he had to move to #2. I like their potential but right now that's all it is. The Giants are getting results. And if Cruz can really come back from that brutal knee injury to some sort of semblance of his old explosive self, then their group is so much better.

#10 User is offline   Glenn 

• New Jet Gear

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Jets79, on 12 January 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

seriously?

the guys is a game changer and can score from anywhere on the field. Yes, he's a headcase and they need to ramp that in...but we don't have ANYONE on this team who can do what he does. I keep hearing how fast Robby Anderson is, but for all that speed, he doesn't make nearly as many plays as OBJ...now a huge part of that is the QB, clearly, as I think Manning is a VERY good downfield passer...usually on target. But Anderson doesn't get the separation that OBJ gets because he doesn't have that quickness. Granted, OBJ is a first round pick whereas Anderson was undrafted, so I get it.

but I would LOVE to have OBJ on my team...the defense HAS to account for him every play. And that Shepard kid, for a 2nd round pick, has looked awesome. Worlds better than the shit we draft in the 2nd round...Hill, Smith...whatever...no contributions at all.

I do like our young guys' potential, and hope that Enunwa, Peake, and Anderson can grow into very good players, but right now, none of them is a #1...Enunwa's production went down when Decker went down and he had to move to #2. I like their potential but right now that's all it is. The Giants are getting results. And if Cruz can really come back from that brutal knee injury to some sort of semblance of his old explosive self, then their group is so much better.

Cruze should retire and trust me, Beckhams Diva routine is getting old with Giants fans especially after this playoff game. Im the only Jet fan in my family. All the rest are huge Giants fans.

#11 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

View PostJets79, on 12 January 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

The Giants are getting results. .

Credit the D with the results (playoff berth). The Giants' O was supposed to be the strength of their team but was a big (Giant) disappointment. Early v Green Bay they could only put up FG due to drops by the young WR's. A really bad decision by McCarthy gave them position for a second half TD but AR responded and it was game over.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users