NYJetsChat: Bilker$on & Toilet see improvement through - NYJetsChat

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bilker$on & Toilet see improvement through eyes gone blind from chicken slaughter

#1 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Carr 23-28, 3tds, 0 Ints, 0 Sacks. Oakland RBs averaged 6.7 YPC with 3 Rushing TDs. If that is responding well, I don't want to know what will happen when they have an off week.
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#2 User is offline   jetophile 

• YEAR OF THE MONKEY

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

The Oakland Raiders on the rise is a nightmare come true. If Carr didn't break his leg last year, decent chance they would've knocked out the Cheats. It's tough to decide who to hate more at times between them. Al Davis kicking the pail was the best thing that ever happened to that team.
Posted Image

JETS FOOTBALL: MORBIDLY FASCINATING."I think the sky is fallen and may bottem out in the next few weeks unless something moraculas happens" mykAZjet

#3 User is offline   mudcat21 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

The Raiders entered Sunday's Week 2 game against the Jets as two-touchdown favorites thanks in large part to their solidity at quarterback. Derek Carr, Oakland's second-round draft pick in 2014 and already a two-time Pro Bowler, inked a five-year contract extension in June.

The Jets, who are given a one percent chance to make the playoffs after the 2017 NFL season, entered the game with Josh McCown slated as the starter not exactly settled at the position.

As it turns out, the teams' respective outlooks at quarterback are a direct result of a major draft whiff by former Jets GM John Idzik.

WEEK 2: NFL picks | Against spread

"There was a small segment of the (Jets) organization that felt Carr had the goods to be a franchise quarterback," ESPN's Rich Cimini reported Sunday morning. "The Jets interviewed him at the Senior Bowl and dispatched quarterbacks coach David Lee to his pro day at Fresno State. Impressed, Lee told people they should draft Carr.

"Idzik and his scouts had doubts about Carr because of a lackluster bowl game and the belief shared by others around the league that he'd turn out like his older brother, former draft bust David Carr."

David Carr, the first overall pick (Texans) in the 2002 draft, famously busted out of the NFL after five seasons as Houston's starter and five more years on the bench in Carolina, New York (Giants) and San Francisco. His younger brother has proven much more successful.

Thirty-five players were selected before Derek Carr in 2014, including three quarterbacks: Blake Bortles at No. 3 overall (Jaguars), Johnny Manziel at No. 22 overall (Browns) and Teddy Bridgewater at No. 32 overall (Vikings).

MORE: 2017 NFL QB rankings

The Jets' first-round pick in 2014 was safety Calvin Pryor at No. 18 overall. They took tight end Jace Amaro in the second round at No. 49 overall. As Cimini notes, of the 12 New York picks in the 2014 draft, only guard Dakota Dozier remains on the roster.

Idzik was fired at the end of the 2014 season, in which the Jets went 4-12. He now serves as a consultant for the Jaguars.
Breaking news: ISIL to change it's name to "I Can't Believe We're Not Islamic!"-Now with 20% less bombings and beheadings!

#4 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

An entire draft yielded a backup O-lineman. That's truly amazing. Is there even a word that describes that phenomenon? I don't think "whiff" covers it.
They go by points

#5 User is offline   jago 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostJohn Tobin, on 22 September 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

An entire draft yielded a backup O-lineman. That's truly amazing. Is there even a word that describes that phenomenon? I don't think "whiff" covers it.

not just any draft, the big kahuna of '14.
i think 'wipeout' applies.

#6 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostJohn Tobin, on 22 September 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

The Jets were Idziked at the 2014 Draft.

#7 User is offline   Jets79 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Idzik SO deserved to be fired

don't forget that was a bonanza draft year for WR as well...another huge need for us. I wanted OBJ but the Giants beat us to him. I then wanted Cooks.

Fucking Idzik waited until round 4 to draft two busts already out of the NFL

He got lucky with Enunwa but he so fucking blew that draft

Mac has not done much better

I HATE Idzik

#8 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostJets79, on 22 September 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Idzik SO deserved to be fired

don't forget that was a bonanza draft year for WR as well...another huge need for us. I wanted OBJ but the Giants beat us to him. I then wanted Cooks.

Fucking Idzik waited until round 4 to draft two busts already out of the NFL

He got lucky with Enunwa but he so fucking blew that draft

Mac has not done much better

I HATE Idzik

AKA Hisdick
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#9 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

View Postjmc712, on 22 September 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

The Jets were Idziked at the 2014 Draft.

Jet Lexicon
They go by points

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users