• You cannot reply to this topic

TJB- Jets' competitiveness reflects highly on Bowles

#1 User is offline   Maven 

• Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Jets head coach Todd Bowles has led New York to five wins thanks to his ability to bring the team together.

View the full article

#2 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

SI has Todd moving off the hot seat list:

COACHING HIS WAY INTO ANOTHER YEAR

Todd Bowles (20-24 in New York): Going into the year, Bowles was considered a lame duck. But leading what is considered to be one of the least talented rosters in football, heís fought to a respectable 5-7 record, thanks in part to offensive coordinator John Mortonís ability to build a league-average offense around Josh McCown. At this point, New York might be out of the running for one of next year's top QB prospects, postponing a total rebuild.

https://www.si.com/n...mmqb-newsletter

#3 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

""At this point, New York might be out of the running for one of next year's top QB prospects, postponing a total rebuild.""

Yeah, but we get to keep a hideous coach!!!! Double-smacked by 5 GD wins. I despise this team and its 5th-rate mindset. That includes the fans who will parrot the tripe above.
They go by points

#4 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

i mean this team was supposed to only win won and they won 5 while being unwatchable...

give that man a prize...

ffs

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#5 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#6 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

The big question for me remains whether or not to keep Mac as GM. If you fire him, then you should clear the way for new GM by also firing HC; you don't want to set up the situation that led to Idzik. If you keep Mac, let him decide about HC.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it! B)

#7 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostLosmeister, on 06 December 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

i mean this team was supposed to only win won and they won 5 while being unwatchable...

give that man a prize...

ffs

FFS. Exactly. This is what the standard for this team has devolved into. It's insanity. Every 20 years they start an anti-Kotite or anti-Idzik movement. It only proves that Jetfans will NOT tolerate 20 tons of shit........................ but 10 tons is just fine.
They go by points

#8 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

It amazes me. The premise is, "You were only supposed to win ONE you little over-achievers you!!!"

Ok, so how do we just gloss over the concept of, "In Year THREE of a GM/HC's regime their team was poised to win one game." That's a horror story. What? Year three and all experts say 1 win? This is what you've built?

In most cities, that's a disaster.

In the real world, that's a disaster.

In YEAR ONE that's an accomplishment. "Wow, the Jets were supposed to go 0-16 or 1-15 but this new Bowles/Mac tandem has them at 5 wins thru early DEC! That's a bang-up job!!!"

NOT in Year three.

HC/GM tandems have won the SB in Year Three.

Vermiel took 15 years off and came back to win with the Rams in Year Three. (4-12 his first season)
They go by points

#9 User is offline   mudcat21 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Winning 5 games was the worst thing that could have happened. It sets back the rebuild and gives Johnson an excuse to keep the GM and HC.
Breaking news: ISIL to change it's name to "I Can't Believe We're Not Islamic!"-Now with 20% less bombings and beheadings!

#10 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

View Postmudcat21, on 06 December 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Winning 5 games was the worst thing that could have happened.

Of COURSE it is. I should have known. Sometimes I forget that the Jets ALWAYS do the worst possible thing. I predicted them to lose all 16 this year, then blow the #1 pick on some slug. I should have known that instead, they'd work their way to the middle of the draft order. They'll probably do exactly what they did with Fitz (bring him back for a second year while ignoring a QB in the draft). Let's see. Meanwhile, Philly is set for 12 years because they WENT AND GOT THEIR QB.
They go by points

#11 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

........again, by the time the Jets get around to having a stud Qb the league will be FLOODED with stud QB's and it will be meaningless.
They go by points

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users