• You cannot reply to this topic

TJB- Hackenberg impressing QB coach Jeremy Bates

#1 User is offline   Maven 

• Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

Despite evidence to the contrary, Jets quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates has been impressed with Christian Hackenberg's passing in minicamp, according to Daniel Popper of the New York Daily News.

View the full article

#2 User is offline   sharkly 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:54 AM

makes no difference. No WRs and no OL. Just stay healthy for a few years.

#3 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

Offensive line will surprise, Crapenberg won't
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#4 User is offline   Kevlax2 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Are there any examples of QB's with bad footwork in college re-learning and achieving success at NFL level?

#5 User is offline   Jets79 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

I just hope we don't win 3 or 4 games and drop out of the top draft slot

that's pretty much where my expectations and hopes are. We will NEVER amount to anything without a stud QB, and next year is a good year to get one, so we need to go 1-15 or 2-14 tops. The media may be harping on how we let all of these veterans go, but if they actually looked at last year, which of our cuts are REALLY going to hurt us? Mangold missed what, half the season? Revis had a horrible year. Decker missed almost the entire season. Gilchrist didn't play well. Harris played a lot and led the team in tackles (I'm guessing), but we've all known that he was slow and not great in coverage. Pryor sucked most of the year. Marshall was better and probably the hardest to lose from a strict production standpoint, but he wasn't the future anyway.

So really, none of the losses should hurt THAT much on the field. We may lose intangibles, especially with someone like Harris who was a leader, but the production on the field being lost is not as great as one would think just looking at the names. Most of those guys were past their prime.

So I'm actually worried a bit that the youthful energy may make up for the lost leadership. At least enough to win 4 games, which may be a couple too many. If the Bears get the top spot, they're trading out and the Browns will be able to move up and do it unless they hit it with one of their QBs. The Niners would draft a QB to replace Hoyer. Those are the teams we need to out-suck.

So here's hoping the Browns, Bears, and Niners all win more games than we do.

#6 User is offline   jago 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostJets79, on 16 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

I just hope we don't win 3 or 4 games and drop out of the top draft slot

that's pretty much where my expectations and hopes are. We will NEVER amount to anything without a stud QB, and next year is a good year to get one, so we need to go 1-15 or 2-14 tops. The media may be harping on how we let all of these veterans go, but if they actually looked at last year, which of our cuts are REALLY going to hurt us? Mangold missed what, half the season? Revis had a horrible year. Decker missed almost the entire season. Gilchrist didn't play well. Harris played a lot and led the team in tackles (I'm guessing), but we've all known that he was slow and not great in coverage. Pryor sucked most of the year. Marshall was better and probably the hardest to lose from a strict production standpoint, but he wasn't the future anyway.

So really, none of the losses should hurt THAT much on the field. We may lose intangibles, especially with someone like Harris who was a leader, but the production on the field being lost is not as great as one would think just looking at the names. Most of those guys were past their prime.

So I'm actually worried a bit that the youthful energy may make up for the lost leadership. At least enough to win 4 games, which may be a couple too many. If the Bears get the top spot, they're trading out and the Browns will be able to move up and do it unless they hit it with one of their QBs. The Niners would draft a QB to replace Hoyer. Those are the teams we need to out-suck.

So here's hoping the Browns, Bears, and Niners all win more games than we do.

jax will be in the QB mix too. not much faith in bortles.

#7 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

Looking at the roster at this point it sure looks like the Jets will contend for top draft pick and at least be in top 3. The only reason to think that this team would win enough to NOT be at top of the draft: Because that would be the worst possible outcome.... B) ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users