NYJetsChat: TJB- Report: Darrelle Revis being investigated for weekend assault - NYJetsChat

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TJB- Report: Darrelle Revis being investigated for weekend assault

#21 User is offline   dcat 

• Dumb & Dumber
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostGlenn, on 17 February 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

A friend of mine who is a cop told me this about assault calls. If nobody is bleeding, we send them home.

That sounds like NYPD, if you ask me. Not NJ. Having resided in Queens, Manhattan, Nassau, Suffolk and now NJ, it's obvious that the way NYPD behave/react to such situations is quite different from Nassau, Suffolk and most municipalities in NJ. The "if nobody is bleeding..." claim above is definitely not Nassau/Suffolk County or NJ. In NJ, particularly for any incident where domestic violence may have happened, there is serious scrutiny.
Fold for Darnold.

#22 User is offline   Glenn 

• More Cow Bell
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

View Postdcat, on 20 February 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

That sounds like NYPD, if you ask me. Not NJ. Having resided in Queens, Manhattan, Nassau, Suffolk and now NJ, it's obvious that the way NYPD behave/react to such situations is quite different from Nassau, Suffolk and most municipalities in NJ. The "if nobody is bleeding..." claim above is definitely not Nassau/Suffolk County or NJ. In NJ, particularly for any incident where domestic violence may have happened, there is serious scrutiny.

Captain. Kings Point police of Great Neck.

#23 User is offline   dcat 

• Dumb & Dumber
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

View PostGlenn, on 20 February 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Captain. Kings Point police of Great Neck.

Surprising. He is very old-school and frankly, wrong. Domestic argument/violence calls are among the most dangerous. You have heated emotions and people will do things in those situations that they never could have imagined themselves doing. My Son-in-law (future) is in NJ State Trooper training. This is what he tells me: they are taught to take the utmost care in domestic dispute situations and to never leave the parties home together if there is the slightest suspicion that it will escalate. They treat these almost as if they are dealing with rabid animals.
Fold for Darnold.

#24 User is offline   Glenn 

• More Cow Bell
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Postdcat, on 20 February 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Surprising. He is very old-school and frankly, wrong. Domestic argument/violence calls are among the most dangerous. You have heated emotions and people will do things in those situations that they never could have imagined themselves doing. My Son-in-law (future) is in NJ State Trooper training. This is what he tells me: they are taught to take the utmost care in domestic dispute situations and to never leave the parties home together if there is the slightest suspicion that it will escalate. They treat these almost as if they are dealing with rabid animals.

Know all about that. My ex called the cops on me a few times just to be an asshole. I had to spend the night at my fathers hoise both times. There wasn't any physical sitiation, she just claimed she felt I would get violent.
Either way, that's what he told me.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users