• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 Cent Superfectas

#1 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

nassau downs otb lets you bet 10 cent superfectas on their website. this is good for those who figure they're gonna lose, but like some cheap action in their dull lives.

for the last month or so i've been betting $2.90 on the belmont superfecta races--the 9th & sometimes the 4th & 7th--with 50 cents straight & 2.40 to box it--with mixed results--often i hit 3 of the 4--anyway, calder also takes 10 cent superfectas & i noticed the rail has been fast there & last month a coupla 4321 races came in, so when i get the form if i like 2 or 3 of the inside horses, i've been putting a dime on 4321---today i bet the 5th & 9th at calder & the 5th sure enough came in 4321 & paid $68.01 to the dime--ha--the 9th was 2341 & paid 43.21 to the dime, but i dint box it.

#2 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

today there were 3 superfectas at belmont--on the first 2 i had 3 of the 4 horses boxed, but got the last one for $21.45 to the dime, but actually i bet $2.90/race. not bad & sort of fun--at calder i picked dime superfectas for all 12 races--in 4 of them there was a scratch so i bet a dollar straight triple--hit one chalk one for $7. of the 8 10 cent superfectas--2 of them had the triple right--in the $20-$40 range so i wudda done better just playin dollar straight triples. tomorrow is belmont's last day & then comes the slump of saratoga. called saratoga i think cause sara lost all her money & her clothes betting on the favorites & went home wrapped in a sheet

#3 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

saturday's always the best races & i was glad to see the great french filly mauralakana win on the grass in arlington, but continued to get killed at ratasoga--big surprise--anyhow i'm covering the dime supers at calder & was going to box 3 races at 2.90/per (10 cent box & 50 cent straight) but what with the scratches--i only boxed one race--the 10th--it was a maiden race where only 4 horses had averaged over a grand a start--so i boxed them & they came in for $53.70 to the dime which was actually $2.90.

what was sorta funnier was that i also hit a triple straight there in the 2nd for the sad sum of 6.10/buck & hit an exacta in the 7th which paid all of 2.70 to my 2 buck box--lol--neverthesless i am doing much better betting calder than the spa.

#4 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

i get the racing form on fridays, saturdays & sundays.

on mondays, wednesdays & thursdays i bet saratoga off the daily nooz page.

i try to keep my weekday bets under $30, so i boxed one superfecta for $2.50 & played the 5 others straight for 10 cents.

sure enuf--the 4th today had the french filly ardnavagh on the grass--so i bet her $2 straight & put 10 cents on 4512. ard wuz 4, the 2nd fave was 5 & the rail has been fast. the 4 was favored, the 5 & 1 were liked & the 2 was 45-1. sooooooooooo the 4 sure enuf wins, but the fuckin 2 dont know she shud be 4th & noses the 5 for 2nd. & the 1 runs 4th. so, instead of 4512 it comes out 4251 & the 4 pays 4.90, so i wins two eighty on the race. of course (wudda,cudda,shudda) the 10 cent box paid $116.85.

there are tooo many bets to cover at ratasoga what with the rollin double & pick3s--& to box all the superfectas adds like another 20 bucks to my daily losings, so fuck it. also, now that i look at it, i had the 678 race pick3, but dint play it--it paid 33.75 to the buck.ha--johnny velasquez had a good day & i ended up like 5 bucks ahead--whoopty dam do. sadderday is de travers.

#5 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

this one cudda gone in the pennington or california threads.

today was travers day, with 12 races at ratasoga, so i bet fairly heavily.

pennington was entered in the 7th, but was the 15 & got scratched. now the 2 outside horses left (the 14 & 13) came in 1-2 & the 14 (slambino) paid like 179 to win & the 13 was long too & the 8 who came in 3rd was long too so the triple is over 100K & the superfecta is listed as 1.5mil. I dont think anyone had it but someone had the dime superfecta (not me) & it paid $76,159.40. no shit 76K to the dime.

anyway i lost the 1st 10 races cold & was down 80 bucks going into the travers but hope springs eternal & the best california horse in the race--colonel john, who won the california derby this year, won it--the photo showed that mambo in seattle's hoof was over the line first, but colonel john had the nose-- & i had him in the late double with another california horse (iron gate) who was 9-1 & sure enuf he won too & the double paid 88 to the buck so i ended up the day like 30 bucks up--not all that impressive, but it was fun--about equal to that of the jetsos beating the jints.

#6 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

i havent been playing the 10 cent supers that heavily lately. pissed me off on gulfstream's opener over the weekend (au revoir calder) i bet 2.90 on the super (10 cent box, 50 cent straight) in the next to last race & dint bet the late double--which i had & which came in at $404.40. so with the heavy rain today & aqueduct on the inner track i was more interested in boxing the rail exactas & sure enuf they came in in the 2nd (41.25 to the buck) & 3rd (14.60) so only bet 2.90 on the superfectas in the 6th & 9th.

in the 6th, a 1 mile maiden claimer, i had lexington ave. on top (a frankel horse--had been favorite last time in 47K race & came in 7th--today was entered in 21K race). noone showed a 1:03b work, so i ranked the others by average winning per start & put $2.90 on 4 10 8 7. I also had the 2 3 exacta boxed (the one was scratched) & the 4 10 exacta too. well, the 2 is 32-1 & runs off on the lead so i'm looking for the 3 & the 3 is far back & the race is long (the 2nd & 3rd races were 6 furlongs) & the 2 tires & the 4 & 10 come up--so i figure i had the exacta, sorty chalky, but then the 8 & 7 were next so i hit the super straight for a mighty 60 cents & got back $137.40 for it.

i tend to do best in january--not many exotic shippers into aqueduct's inner track & the horses that winter here run against each other a bunch & when it rains the rail is fast. so i'll be boxing the 2 inside horses in all 6 furlong races here automatically until the track dries out.

#7 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

tom cavanaugh in the daily nooz hit the superfecta straight in the 4th at aqueduct today. it paid $517 straight or $25.85 to a dime.

#8 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

cavanaugh hit another dead superfecta today--makes 2 days in a row--he hit the 7th at aqueduct, which was chalky & paid $93 straight or $4.65 to a dime.

#9 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

Friday the 13th turned out lucky for me--dint like the aqueduct card--no maiden races!!!--anyway hit a chalk 1st race exacta & a chalk 3rd race triple so was down maybe $25 going into the last race--a 15K claimer for nonwinners of 2 races, 4yo & up--uggh--anyway parky (the 8) was in it & he had dominguez up & was averaging almost 4K a start & i had bet him before so i put him on top & wonderous day (the 3) had come in 2nd 4 times in 15 starts so i put him 2nd & saratoga cowboy (the 4) had 3 thirds so i put him 3rd & prairie boy (the 5) had come in 4th the last 3 races so i put him 4th & put my usual $2.90 0n the superfecta (50 cent straight, 10 cent box) also a buck on the triple & a buck exacta box & a buck to win--& then i put a buck on the 6710 triple but the 6 acted up & was scratched so i had 6.90 on the race--now cavanaugh had the 83 on top & the 45 on the bottom with the 4 & 5 both listed at 30-1 & they went off at 29-1 & 42-1. Sooo the race starts & the 4 is left a t the gate at least 5 lengths behind everyone else & the 2 (the second favorite-fries) runs on the lead & tires & the 8 comes up with the the 3 behind him so i figure i got the 10 buck exacta but the fucking 4 comes on & the 5 is behind him so i got the damn thing cold 8345--so i figured i'd get about a grand but ended up with just under 500 for the race--the superfexta was $1161 & was $58.05 to the dime which i had 6 times. the triple was 208.50 to 2.

also at gulfstream in the 4th--2 horses in a maiden race showed 1:03b works so i boxed them & they came in with the exacta paying 86.60 to the buck.

tomorrow there a re a bunch of good races with derby hopefuls specifically old fashioned in the rebel at oaklawn, friesan fire in the louisiana derby at the fair grounds & pioneerof the nile in the san felipe stakes at santa anita.

#10 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

april fools day saw the aqueduct main track open (so long inner--my favorite by far meet) & i dont get the form on wednesday's cause i teach & cant watch the races so i bet off the daily news--mainly cavanaugh & there were only 2 races with the 8 horses needed for a superfecta pool so i bet a dime on cavanaugh's picks & the first one (in the 6th) came in---yay--was like 219.50 to two or $10.97 to the dime but what the fuck a win is better than a whine. will be interesting to see if cavanaugh comes out on top in his superfecta picks for the meet--cheap thrills.

watching the races on the msg+ replay show--the inside & early speed held up--so put yer money on cc lopez & the early speed.

#11 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

the races at aqueduct need 8 entries for a superfecta pool & there's been short fields so not that many superfectas--there were 3 today & i hit the 6th race--got it straight, dominguez's horse on top with saumon fume (who owed me) second & the 4-1 third & 4th--ended up with around $130.

i've been playing gulfstream & keeneland too & i've been beating gulfstream--yesterday i had a horse pay $68.90 to the buck to win in the 3rd (it was a turf race & he had the highest average winnings per turf start--i dont know why it went off at 67-1)& i won the 4th too & holy shit the 3-4 double was like $2000, but i dint play it--ha, i played the 4th 5th double cause there was a 1:03bg horse in the 5th, but he came in 2nd--what the fuck i cant play every bet at every track--keeneland i cant beat at all--blame it on the polyturf crap--but gulfstream i do good at--i started playing the florida tracks regularly when i noticed a bunch of 4321 superfectas come in at calder--& today there was a 4321 superfecta at gulfstream that paid like 2 grand, but i dint have it--but i did have the 9th today--a maiden race where noone showed a 1:03 work so i played it straight by average earnings per start & sure enough it came out straight & added up to $179. not bad, hitting 2 of 4 superfectas played. first time i ever hit 2 in the same day--i wudda made more playing them straight for a buck rather than boxing them for a dime & playing 50 cents straight--where i end up with 60 cents on it when i hit it straight.

some decent races tomorrow--most at keeneland tho--& thats a lost cause--the trainer of my favorite ky jelly derby horse--i want revenge--is in trouble for giving one of his aqueduct horses an illegal drug, some sort of anti congestion horsey advair-like thing.

#12 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

i played 3 superfectas at belmont today.

in the 5th, i boxed the 7246 for 10 cents & put put 50 cents on it straight & another 60 cents on the 72 with the 468 boxed. it came out 6745 so i lost $3.50 on it.

the 6th was a flat out killer--it was a nys race on grass--i had the johnny velasquez horse boxed twice with the prado horse & they went off at 28-1 & 12-1 & i had the prado horse on top to win & in doubles & pick3s & he had the lead on the turn & looked good when the velasquez horse came flying & took the win (paying 58.10) but the favorite was on his heels & got prado in the last two jumps--oh well lost like a $600 exacta---johnny v now definitely my favorite jockey over prado.

but i did have the double with the johnny v horse & missile in the 7th & missile led the whole way & the double was $99 to the buck so i was up. now the 7th was like the worst race ever with only 2 possible winners & 2 other who could run at all & i had 20 cents on the superfecta with missile & the 10 horse over the 4 & 5 boxed--all of a 20 cent bet & it came in & paid all of $3.57 to the dime---whoopie.

but in the 10th, another nys grass race, i had the 6 12 2 1 boxed for a dime & 50 cents straight & it came in 12 1 2 6 & paid $6590 which was $329.50 for me.

#13 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

this time of year i do ok at belmont. of course when they go to saratoga in 3 weeks i'm fucked. yesterday i had the winners in 6th 7th 8th & 9th & stood to win like maybe 200 on the pick4 if the favorite won the closer, but some 50-1 shot wired it--but not a bad day as i hit pissant pick3s in 678 & 789. anyway the racing gods were screwing with me--i dont like to bet hollywood what with that plastic track but there was a big race yesterday & i sorta liked the 7 (song of navaronne) tho he had been beat in his last race by the 8 (rail trip) anyway i put $4.90 on the race-- the 7 to win & 2.90 on boxing 7 9 11 3 superfecta with 50 cents straight & i'm watchin the race & the 7 is 11-1 & comes in 11th--ok, but the superfecta was 8 9 11 3 & paid 26 grand to the buck so i was looking at at least 15 grand if id've picked the 8 instead of the 7--the 8 was like 9-1. ha--them gods screw around with you.

anyway today i'm doin ok again at belmont & win the 7th & 8th & need da' tara (who won the belmont a year back & hasnt won since) to take the feature & i'd get around 200 from the pick3 but tizway (one of 3 tiznow horses in the race) takes him clean. ok. now there were 6 superfectas at belmont today & i bet $2.90 on each of them--10 cent box & 50 cents straight & hit the 6th---holy moley it paid $4.22--a big $1.33 win for me & then in the next race i hit it again & this time it pays $10.70--whoopee. anyway after da tara got beat i wasnt watching the last race too closely, it was a maiden grass race so i had bet it by average money won per start on grass & prado had the best horse but it got scratched & i put the next 4 into the superfecta. the favorite the 3 was on top with the 8 a long shot 2nd--anyway the 8 wins the race & the 3 aint around--i boxed the 38 exacta so if the fuckin 3 wudda made 2nd id've done well, but wait i had 3 8 11 4 for the superfecta & it came in 8 4 11 3 aha & was long & paid $234.85 to the dime.

betting maiden races by average earnings per start is not a bad move--in today's calder last race--a lousy maiden one--one horse showed a 1:03b work so i put him on top & of all the other horse 2 horses averaged 2 grand a start & a fourth had won $200 & the others zip so i played a buck triple with the 1:03 horse on top of the 2 2 grand ones & it came in, but sideways & paid like a grand which i dint get--the thing is is that the $200 horse came in 4th & the dime superfecta was aroun $150.

the last 2 mondays i've won & its sorta fun watching the otb channel cause they run philly & delaware (both of which i can bet a buck on) & thistledown & colonial & finger lakes in fast rotation--so i got the form & ll play tomorrow.

#14 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

well ya cant lose them all & i tend to do best at the aqueduct winter meet & as i teach college i have januarys off so i have time to figure the form. in the winter the best NY jockeys like the velasquez's & prado & even maragh & coa all go to florida & someone like dominguez dominates here. anyway i want to say i'm glad they gave the horse of the year award to rachel alexandra tho i've gotten nothing but love for zenyatta (who does have the better name & markings).

anyway lately i've been doing well at aqueduct--i hit 2 superfectas wednesday & 2 again yesterday--none of them paid more than $30 to the dime but still its sorta fun to hit the allbeit boxed 10 cent superfectas 2 races in a row--anyway i like betting maiden races the most--especially maidens breezing 5f in 1:03 & if none show that i bet them by money won per average start & today the 2nd at aqueduct was a maiden & i boxed the top 3 horses for $1 quinellas & low & behold i won it & got back $2.45 for my $3. LOL then in the 3rd i hit the triple clean & got all of $9.90 to the buck & like the jets i was on a minor roll & the 4th was a maiden race with 2 horses showing a !:03b work & i boxed those with the 2 top money winners & the longest of the 4---Even Frisky--with an apprentice J. Musarro whom i have never heard of comes tearing 5 wide down the stretch to just nose Citizen Balley at the wire & sure enough i had a boxed superfecta which paid $115.60 to the dime. also i had a win bet on the Frisky horse & it paid $44.25 to the buck. way to go rich.

also i generally do well at the gulfstream meet & in the 7th there--a maiden special weight--i had the j velasquez horse on top of two 1:03b maidens & a horse who beat one of them in the previous race & sure enuf the sunnovabitch came in & paid a lucky $70.77 to the dime. sonofabitch if the damn 7 wudda held off the 11 id'ahad it straight & gotten 420 outof the race, but he dint. anyway, like the jets im sorta on a roll now & will get the sadderday & sunnyday forms tomorrow.

#15 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

i went away last week to colorado--was a nice trip to ourey, mesa verde & telluride. anyway i dint play the ponies for a week & had things to do today & was gonna just play maybe $20 off the news--but i finished my stuff early & got the last form from the towelhead & played saratoga & hit the 1st 4 races & had the favorite in the 5th for a $284 pick4 + pick3 + double & had the 10/3/2/4 superfecta with exacta & triple & of course the 10 gets taken wide around the tight inner grass turns & finishes with a rush but cant catch the 3 & i get $8.55 for boxing the super which of course was 3/10/2/4--lol--anyways i'm up a lil over 150 on the day which oddly enuf buffers the much greater loss i had in the market today

#16 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

dint hit no 10 cent superfectas today but the streak continues--again hit the 2nd,3rd & 4th at saratoga today--the 2nd was like 30-1 so was looking at an over $600 pick4 (tax time lol) with the favorite again in the 5th--but castellano moved way too early on the favorite & got caught by 2 horses--still ended up over 400 for the day--never had a streak like this before at saratoga.

#17 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

been putting 3 bucks on saratoga superfectas: 2.40 on 10 cent box, 50 cents on my straight pick & 10 cents on cavanaugh's picks in the nooz---obviously i shudda been betting it the other way--$2.90 on cavanaugh's picks & 10 cents on mine cause he hit the 4th today cold for an impressive $70.05 to the dime. i had the 3rd & 4th (both paid 10.20 to win) in 2 close photos & was sitting on dominguez in the 5th for around $140 in the pick3 & double. dominguez was on overseas market--the 2nd choice in the race. i was scared of the johnny velasquez horse--the favored 5. anyways castellano (who is very close to johnny v in the wins at sartoga race) took the lead on the 7, palooza & looked to have the race wrapped up--the 5 had gone wide in the turn & was out of it--the announcer called palooza the winner with around 100 yards to go, but my horse made a late run & no way she was gonna catch the 7, but the loony palooza went wide into the path of my horse & my horse checked & ended up 2nd--no way she wudda won she was beaten by over a length--but the stewards, bless them, took down the palooza horse & i hit the pick3. what luck--i only won 3 races of the 9 at saratoga today but cause they were together i ended up $175 ahead--sorta makes up for sunday's race when poor rachel alexandra with her tongue flapping like michael jordan got run down right at the wire

#18 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

the gods must be setting me up for a major fall--have now come out ahead in 7 of the first 10 belmont days--had 2 middling triples today (cavanaugh in the nooz, bless him, had the 1st race cold & the 1st 2 horses in the 7th) & in the 4th i had the 1st 4 finishers in the wrong order, but the 10 cent box paid $118.05.

#19 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

cavanaugh in the nooz has hit 3 superfectas cold in the last 2 aqueduct days (sunday & today). none of em paid that much but its still impressive. this is the time of year that the inner track at aqueduct becomes somewhat figure outable what with a limited number of horses repeatedly running against each other--also today the rail & early speed were golden--watch the psycho horse fastus cactus tomorrow--he has unreal early speed but tends to run straight on the turns

#20 User is offline   rich729 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

this is the sweet time at aqueduct--when you dont see shippers coming in from all over the fucking place like at saratoga--& the races are somewhat figurable. wednesday cavanaugh in the nooz hit 8 of 9 winners--somewhat phenomenal. i teach wednesdays & bet off the nooz & only won around 10 bucks--but did have the pick3 in the 4th 5th & 6th. now these things sometimes run in streaks & yesterday & today i had the doubles in the 4th 5th & 6th & the pick3 again today--these have all been chalk--none of the doubles was over $11 to my dollar bet. also i've hit the triple in the featured 8th both yesterday & today. today was sweeter than yesterday as a 44-1 devil's bag horse was 3rd to the 2 favorites. because of short fields there were only 3 races today with superfecta bets & i hit 2 of them. the 2nd race paid all of $6.97 to my $3 bet--10 cent boxes with 50 cents straight & 10 cents on cavanaugh's picks (he has hit 4 of them dead in the last week & a 1/2 which is 4 more than i got straight). the 9th was sweeter-tho only 7 horses went it was a lousy maiden claimer for older fillies & mares & a 103bg & 102.4bg horse were in it & the 102.4bg horse was 37-1 & managed to come in 3rd ahead of the favorite & the 10 cent super paid $71.25. yay.

theres always a race or 2 that are totally unfigurable--last week i had a horse on the lead in the last race who went down with 2 broken legs on the turn & took out 3 other horses too. today i won the 4th, 5th 6th & 8th--& in the 7th had dominguez on a pletcher horse with the highest average winnings per start in a 5 horse field at odds-on who got to the lead & then just pulled up. stopped cold.

the inside has still been strong & in the race where dominguez pulled up as the favorite, the triple came out 123 & paid $142.50

this weekend is the 1st derby futures tranche--boys at toscanova aint in it no mo--which leaves uncle mo as the heavy chalk--tho historically the field is usually made the chalk in the 1st tranche.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users