-movement in pocket

-excels in big games

Cons:

-drop back footwork?

-calling plays in huddle?

-6'2"

-can he read defenses?

-read options and spread concepts

This reminds me so much of Mariota regarding system, calling plays and footwork behind center. But with Watson I haven't watched a ton of his games so I don't know the answers at all.

Finally, What is his accuracy like? He placed a few really gorgeous balls yesterday and beat an insanely good defense.

If the draft was today and he's there at 6, I'm taking him. Thankfully there are months til the draft and I hope the jets do their homework so they can make an informed decision.

Thing is these aren't cons, they're unknowns. I agree, if he's there I'd take him. His pros easily outweigh what he needs to prove at the next level

Outside of the "can't miss" type QB prospects, isn't this the story of just about every off-season?

QB's rated highly early on... then they drop, then they rise again but are called reaches who are taken because everyone needs a QB, which is true.

There's one other qualifier that wasn't mentioned. Who was he throwing to?

How much does Mike Williams elevate Watson's performance? How do you quantify that?

#2 User is offline   Jets79 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

He played a very good game last night and drove them to go ahead scores twice in the 4th quarter. They thought they had it, then Bama scores and then he drives for the winning TD with 2 minutes...showed a lot of moxie

If he's there I don't see how you pass him up with our need at the position...I just don't think he will be there so the question is do you trade up for him. Hard to do with all of our needs and two young QBs already on our roster.

Will be very interesting to watch

#3 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

of course you dont pass if hes there.

however... how much mike williams had an effect? see /manziel/evans. except watson isnt an asshole.

anyway. bamas DB are meh. 2/15 on third down... they wore the D down after 50+ attempts.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#4 User is offline   jmc712 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostLosmeister, on 10 January 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

of course you dont pass if hes there.

however... how much mike williams had an effect? see /manziel/evans. except watson isnt an asshole.

anyway. bamas DB are meh. 2/15 on third down... they wore the D down after 50+ attempts.

Most plays an opponent ever ran v Bama, according to an ESPN report

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users