• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Four fo Snacks

#1 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat
  • Group: Site Donor

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

http://overthecap.co...cks/#more-12905

Four & Simon solid trade off. Coffee Monster's mistake not letting injured lazy bum MooMoo take a hike
Ferrid, the big hose knows

#2 User is offline   mrcoops 

• Engorged Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Based on this, he looks borderline to possibly even earn us a comp 3 rather than a 4.

He just might - taking into account his salary and first team All Pro status.
"Schottenheimer". Heimer means "the dark" - John Tobin, 15 November 2011

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

This is up for debate. Mac was an idiot not playing the comp game well. No reason to sign marginal FA's after you lose some good ones such as Harrison and Ivory. Ivory would have netted us an additional 5th although it could be argued that Forte was worth that. I don't think so this late in his career. Idiotic to cancel Snacks out with Jenkins with the DL so loaded. Did he catch the error in time? I hope so.

The Jets signed Jarvis Jenkins to a two year deal on March 16, and then cut him on Wednesday, November 9, in between the games of Weeks 9 and 10. There were two instances of potential CFAs cut within this time span close to the Week 10 cutoff that did not qualify. Bobby Engram was cut by the Chiefs on the Monday of this week in 2009, and Greg Favors was cut by the Colts on the Friday of this week in 2002. Because neither Engram nor Favors qualified, I am projecting that Jenkins will not qualify either, but because itís close enough thereís a chance Iím wrong and he might qualify.

NY Jets
If Jarvis Jenkins qualifies, the Jets will not get a 4th for Damon Harrison, and will instead be eligible for a net-value 7th, but it will not make it above the 32-pick limit.

#4 User is offline   mudcat21 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Mac's big mistake was letting Snacks go and keeping Wilkerson.
Breaking news: ISIL to change it's name to "I Can't Believe We're Not Islamic!"-Now with 20% less bombings and beheadings!

#5 User is offline   Glenn 

• More Cow Bell

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

Oh God, this again?
You don't play the comp pick game. You don't pass on FA's that can help your team. If they end up sucking, it is what it is. I haven't seen a 4th or 5th pick from a draft that has made a bit of difference on this team so I don't see why anyone cares about one that not only is selected in those rounds but at the very end.
This team has holes everywhere. If there is a player that can fill them who is a FA, I want the GM to aquire him, not sit around with his thumb up his ass because it will screw up a comp pick

#6 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

You can still do that AND get the comp picks. There are valuable players available that don't factor into the formula. Playing the comp game is smart when you lose a big FA. Why screw it up for a JAG? Bilal Powell would disagree with you BTW. An so would I. Plenty og later rounds picks that are major contributors.

#7 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

FAs are over-rated money suckers.
The way to build a team is through the draft with an occasional FA compliment.
Woody knows this, Coffee & Macaroon Danish knows this and over flowing Toilet Bowels
knows this but they never gather picks to do so. we play a three four, yet don't
draft OLBs with the speed and ability to rush. Crapenberg, smith, Muldoon and Jenkins
wasted picks

#8 User is offline   prime5 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Free agents are NOT overated.The GMs selections of FA are too often faulty.

#9 User is offline   dcat 

• Dumb & Dumber

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

View Postferrid, on 08 January 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

This is up for debate. Mac was an idiot not playing the comp game well. No reason to sign marginal FA's after you lose some good ones such as Harrison and Ivory. Ivory would have netted us an additional 5th although it could be argued that Forte was worth that. I don't think so this late in his career. Idiotic to cancel Snacks out with Jenkins with the DL so loaded. Did he catch the error in time? I hope so.

The Jets signed Jarvis Jenkins to a two year deal on March 16, and then cut him on Wednesday, November 9, in between the games of Weeks 9 and 10. There were two instances of potential CFAs cut within this time span close to the Week 10 cutoff that did not qualify. Bobby Engram was cut by the Chiefs on the Monday of this week in 2009, and Greg Favors was cut by the Colts on the Friday of this week in 2002. Because neither Engram nor Favors qualified, I am projecting that Jenkins will not qualify either, but because itís close enough thereís a chance Iím wrong and he might qualify.

NY Jets
If Jarvis Jenkins qualifies, the Jets will not get a 4th for Damon Harrison, and will instead be eligible for a net-value 7th, but it will not make it above the 32-pick limit.

Dude, the exact reason he was cut by week 10 was so that he wouldn't cancel out another lost UFA. Mac cut him right at the deadline. We are getting a 4 for Snscks.
Fold for Darnold.

#10 User is offline   Glenn 

• More Cow Bell

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

View Postferrid, on 08 January 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

You can still do that AND get the comp picks. There are valuable players available that don't factor into the formula. Playing the comp game is smart when you lose a big FA. Why screw it up for a JAG? Bilal Powell would disagree with you BTW. An so would I. Plenty og later rounds picks that are major contributors.

Powell had big games against bottom of the league run defenses. Look it up.
Then tell me how he did against NE

#11 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

and THATS why you do not pay Harrison either.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#12 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

Yes I know that was the reason he was cut. My point is he should not have signed him to begin with and left any doubt. Right now this guy who is on top of these things does not feel 100% certain that Jenkins will not count. I hope they get the fourth but it should be a given.

#13 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

Glenn so now you are cherry picking like Henry. Powell was not the problem against NE, he was the lone bright spot. Fact is there are plenty of later round picks that are major contributors. Heck even Brady was a 6th round comp pick. My point is that the team should be built with all available resources. To lose a 4th or possible a 3rd for a JAG does not make any sense.

Now if your point is that the JETS cannot develop talent anyway so who cares about the later picks then I would agree. They suck at it.

#14 User is offline   mudcat21 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Ferrid - They say this all the time. Whenever you say a player played well, it was because they played against bad defenses.
Breaking news: ISIL to change it's name to "I Can't Believe We're Not Islamic!"-Now with 20% less bombings and beheadings!

#15 User is offline   Losmeister 

• Losmeister

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

View Postmudcat21, on 09 January 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ferrid - They say this all the time. Whenever you say a player played well, it was because they played against bad defenses.

if you have a record like, eg- Stafford... something like 2-24 v teams with .500 winning pct..... you can say that... otherwise... meh

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

#16 User is offline   Glenn 

• More Cow Bell

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

View Postferrid, on 09 January 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Glenn so now you are cherry picking like Henry. Powell was not the problem against NE, he was the lone bright spot. Fact is there are plenty of later round picks that are major contributors. Heck even Brady was a 6th round comp pick. My point is that the team should be built with all available resources. To lose a 4th or possible a 3rd for a JAG does not make any sense.

Now if your point is that the JETS cannot develop talent anyway so who cares about the later picks then I would agree. They suck at it.

How is it cherry picking if I am telling you all his big games came against bottom tier run defenses and the one good D he faced he was a non factor? Im factoring in all his games from this season in which he started.
And I am speaking about the Jets late round picks. There are tons of high impact late round picks around the league but not here

#17 User is offline   John Tobin 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

If I was a player I would absolutely DREAD going to the NY Jets.

I wonder how many players feel this way.
They go by points

#18 User is offline   ferrid 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

Powell started four games and did well in all of them. How do you judge a back in a 41-3 blowout? He was the lone bright spot on that day and had a respectable 4.0 average. Everyone on the losing end of 41-3 is a non factor. If we had a team full of Bilal Powells we would be a playoff team. I think your point would be stronger if you did not pick on this guy. I get your point now, that the Jets don't develop talent and I agree. But they do have some good guys that were drafted after third like Enunwa, Simon, Powell, Shell looked good, Johnson did fine, Peake looks promising. To dismiss the Comp pick avenue when you can get a quality pick is a mistake in my opinion. Especially when you lose said pick by signing a JAG. It is all moot anyway if the JAG does not end up factoring in the formula which seems likely.

#19 User is offline   hmhertz 

• Old Goat

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

View Postferrid, on 09 January 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Powell started four games and did well in all of them. How do you judge a back in a 41-3 blowout? He was the lone bright spot on that day and had a respectable 4.0 average. Everyone on the losing end of 41-3 is a non factor. If we had a team full of Bilal Powells we would be a playoff team. I think your point would be stronger if you did not pick on this guy. I get your point now, that the Jets don't develop talent and I agree. But they do have some good guys that were drafted after third like Enunwa, Simon, Powell, Shell looked good, Johnson did fine, Peake looks promising. To dismiss the Comp pick avenue when you can get a quality pick is a mistake in my opinion. Especially when you lose said pick by signing a JAG. It is all moot anyway if the JAG does not end up factoring in the formula which seems likely.

Building through the draft is the only proven way. To do so you need to collect picks.
I don't case how we Duit, just Duit even if we have to steal like Trump

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users